TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AppDevBusiness.com is a digital marketplace that helps millions of people around the world get creative and earn online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have an AppDevBusiness.com account that will allow you to buy and sell complete apps.
On AppDevBusiness.com, buyers and authors (sellers) transact with each other directly and we provide the platform to allow the transactions to happen. If you have an AppDevBusiness.com account, any transactions are logged on your member’s statement, which records the payments made by you to authors via AppDevBusiness.com (as a buyer) and by buyers via AppDevBusiness.com to you (as an author).
The Apps on AppDevBusiness.com are owned by the authors, not by us. The apps on AppDevBusiness.com are uploaded at the direction of the author. We provide the platform services; we do not take ownership of the apps.
During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of AppDevBusiness.com is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms and the Acceptable Use Policy whether you become a member or not.
If you stream or download a preview file from AppDevBusiness.com, you agree that you will not remove any watermarking or other protective measures from the preview file. You agree that you will use the preview file solely for the purposes of evaluating a purchase from AppDevBusiness.com and not for any other purpose.
You need to be 16 years or over to browse AppDevBusiness.com. When browsing the sites you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of AppDevBusiness.com whether or not you’re a member.
You need to be 18 years or over to become a member or to buy apps. If you’re under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to buy apps or use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, with their permission, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
Becoming a member:
When you become a member you get an account that is accessible from AppDevBusiness.com. Your membership will allow you to buy apps from authors. Membership also gives you the opportunity to become a seller.
You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and, if you sign up for an AppDevBusiness.com account, that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your membership is not transferable, that means you cannot sell your account. You are responsible for any use of AppDevBusiness.com including any activity that occurs in conjunction with your username and password, if you have an AppDevBusiness.com account, so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately. You must not use a virtual private network or VPN or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons.
It is important that you understand your responsibilities as a member of our community so please take the time to review this section and the AppDevBusiness.com Terms carefully.
Terms of buying:
When you buy an app, you acquire the right to use that app; you're not actually acquiring the app itself. What you get includes a license directly from the author to use that app. Authors can choose whether or not to support certain apps. If an author chooses to support an app, this will be identified on the app page. All supported apps include a support period. Your right to access App Support requires an AppDevBusiness.com account.
When you buy an app on AppDevBusiness.com you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you warrant to us and the author that you have carefully read these terms and conditions before buying an app;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of an app;
- we and the authors do not promise that any particular app will continue to be available on AppDevBusiness.com so you should download and save the app as soon as you buy it;
- once you buy or download an app and the app has been paid for, you acquire a non-exclusive license to use the app under these terms and conditions;
- the author retains ownership of the app;
- your relevant details may be provided to the author of the app in order to facilitate the transaction, for example for invoicing and app support services; and
- we have the right to enforce against you the terms of the license that you have acquired from an author.
Warranties authors make:
The author of an app you buy warrants to you that:
- the app is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is 'sold';
- the app matches the description given by the author on the app preview page, as well as any app preview;
- they will honor any express warranties given to you that are not contained in these terms;
- they have the rights necessary to license that app on the terms of applicable license;
- your use of that app in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else;
- the app and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the app and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the app does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- if the app is marked as 'supported', they will provide you with the services as outlined in the app support policy;
- they will process your data in accordance with applicable privacy law and data protection regulations.
Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by the author has been breached, or a refund is required under New York consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws.
We will assess refund or credit requests (if you have an AppDevBusiness.com account) on their merits, considering the digital nature of apps and the type of app preview that was available before purchase. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about an app;
- you bought an app by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the app;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the app because it has been removed (we advise you to download apps as soon as you buy them to avoid this situation).
If the author or we decide to issue a refund or credit (if you have an AppDevBusiness.com account), this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the app was purchased using AppDevBusiness.com Credits, you will be given credit in AppDevBusiness.com Credits; if the app was purchased using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not AppDevBusiness.com Credits) will be made in US Dollars.
It is important that you understand how refunds work on AppDevBusiness.com.
Disputes lodged with payment agents:
If, as a buyer via your AppDevBusiness.com account, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your AppDevBusiness.com Market account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your AppDevBusiness.com Market account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
Becoming an author:
If you want to get involved in our community as an author, you can sign up. Remember that if you become an author these terms will continue to apply, along with the Author Terms you’ll sign up to as an author.
What we own:
We own all the AppDevBusiness.com content that we have put on AppDevBusiness.com. This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the AppDevBusiness.com, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on AppDevBusiness.com. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on AppDevBusiness.com Market. You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our AppDevBusiness.com Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
What we don’t own:
We do not own the apps on AppDevBusiness.com Market; our authors do. apps are uploaded at the direction of the author. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the apps. We do not warrant that the apps or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via the AppDevBusiness.com Market do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. (Each author provides promises to you directly when you purchase their app – see section 22 - Warranties authors make.)
Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims:
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that authors do the same. If you believe that an app or member content infringes an intellectual property right (including copyright) please let us know.